Tuesday, April 28, 2009

first post

Hello and Welcome to my blog.
This blog is part of a folio that will be created as part of a year 12 subject I am undertaking called Extension Studies. The title of my study is "I aim to explore the connection between illustration and fine art."
I am developing an in-depth understanding of how the human body is represented by both artists and illustrators: the focus of the study is the crossover of how skills and understandings are used by both for different purposes. I will be looking at the similarities and differences of how artists and illustrators work and how they compliment each other.Jon Foster

My aims for this study are:
  • To gain a greater understanding of illustration and fine art
  • Create a variety of artworks that demonstrate my creativity and technical skills in handling a variety of media.
  • Learn more about illustrators and fine artists
  • write about illustration and fine art

The areas of study I am undertaking are

  • Technical study of anatomy, art materials and technique.
  • Themes and ideas as expressed through the depiction of the human form- for example, emotions, likeness, narrative.
  • methods of representation- for example: cubism, realism, abstraction and surrealism
Anders Zorn

please give me feedback.

No comments: